Prison Pet Partnership relies heavily on volunteers to keep our program running! There are many volunteer opportunities, and we encourage potential volunteers to contact our program to find a job that will best fit you and your lifestyle. If you are interested in volunteering with Prison Pet Partnership, please contact us at (253) 858-4200 x82596 or email email@example.com. We look forward to meeting with you!
Volunteer Application Process
Prison Pet Partnership is located on the grounds of the Washington Corrections Center for Women in Gig Harbor and requires MOST volunteers to receive training and clearance by the Department of Corrections. This process may take up to a few months to complete, depending on DOC training schedule and availability. Some one-time opportunities such as Professional Development lectures, may only require basic clearance.
- Submit completed PPP Volunteer Application to Volunteer Coordinator – by mail or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete phone interview to determine interests, qualifications and required training
- Complete DOC clearance paperwork and DOC online volunteer trainings
- Complete DOC in-person volunteer training (typically first Saturday of every month from 9:00am-12:30pm), followed by PPP training from 1:00-3:00pm.
- Sign up for volunteer shifts through online Volunteer Portal – Volgistics
Pet Transfers (within prison)
Vet Transports (outside of prison)
Continuing Education/Professional Development
Monthly Volunteer Social/Work Party (offsite)
Outreach Booth, Special Events, and Fundraisers (offsite)
Office Assistance or Special Projects
Weekend Service Animal Fostering
Service Dog Socialization Outings (program currently on hold)
Board of Directors
If you are interested in volunteering your time, talent and effort for the benefit of Prison Pet Partnership, please consider submitting an application to serve on our Board of Directors. Please be aware that terms of service for director positions may vary. There may not currently be an open position, however, all applications are retained and reviewed as positions on the board become available. If you would like to submit an application, please download our Board Member Interest Form.